ME:Blog | SAP CoE
Accelerate Your Transition to SAP S/4HANA Cloud With 5 Easy Steps
Today, SAP S/4HANA Cloud has become the digital core of an enterprise, supporting businesses on their digital transformation journey. A real-time enterprise resource management suite, it is one of the cornerstones for digital businesses that want to bridge processes, driving them in real time and make them performance efficient.
In this article I focused on some of the SAP best practices and key steps involved to migrate to a new SAP S/4HANA Cloud system, independent of the source environment to resolve some of the S/4HANA Data migration challenges, SAP S/4HANA Cloud, SAP offers the built-in S/4HANA Migration Cockpit. This tool is available as part of the integrated Manage Your Solution Fiori application. You can execute data migrations directly out of this application through simple File Upload and migrate your non-SAP or SAP legacy data. The data-migration objects are proposed based on the pre-configured business processes that were selected when the system was configured.
Steps involved in the Migration process
1) Select Migrate Your Data from the Guided Configuration menu
2) Create a migration project
3) Select the relevant migration objects
Data migration objects delivered with the SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit will be listed in the Migration Project
Select the Migration Objects you need and generate a migration template for them
4) Generate a file template for the selected migration objects
5) Start the transfer and monitor the data migration process
- The cockpit guides you through the various steps of the data migration –from the data validation to the actual data import.
- The Simulate Import feature checks migration data against the Customizing Data in the system.
Default size limit for each uploaded file in the cloud is 100 MB
- If the file exceeds the size limit, the message “File size too large” is displayed
- You can use zip files: Zip multiple files together
Note: The combined size of all the XML files you want to add to the zip file must not exceed 160MB. The maximum limit for a zip file is 100 MB.
Together with the Innovation team, we implemented the customized S/4HANA migration objects for missing components, for a customer. For successful implementation, businesses require some objects to be loaded, which are missing at standard Migration cockpit. For Example Price Condition records with Custom Access Sequence.
Our Migration experts team build the XLT Upload Files with required fields and provided Load Function.
Custom Business Objects along with some Custom Business Activities load files via excel are also being used. Like Mass Sales order, Product Master, Payment Advice, etc…
With these simple steps, an organization can successfully slice off a lot of that downtime and have its S/4HANA system fully operational in the shortest amount of time.
Connect with us if you have more questions on S/4HANA Cloud Migration!