ME:Blog | SAP CoE
Transforming businesses with S/4HANA
Published: March 3, 2020
We’re entering a new era of digital transformation, and forward-thinking businesses are working on strategies that are focused on how to move faster, be more responsive, less manual, and more transparent. Tackling this strategy is often futile without reinventing the core with one that is more intuitive and less complex. Progressive organizations are transitioning into an intelligent enterprise to help their company achieve their business drivers.
Microexcel is in the business of helping companies transform. We bring years of experience and a structured rapid assessment to help you develop a road map in his journey. We incorporate a templated industry configuration methodology to utilize a proven fit to standard approach.
Why SAP S/4 HANA?
SAP S/4HANA is a reinvented pathway to the digital future with next generation processes and outstanding user experiences. SAP S/4HANA connects your people, devices, business networks and big data in real time, eliminating the need for batch processing. Additionally, SAP S/4HANA provides powerful predictive analytics and simulations in seconds based on live real-time data to achieve actionable insight. Businesses can accelerate business processes, innovate and simplify their IT environments.
Many ERP systems were designed and implemented in the early days or even before the use of smart phones, digital commerce or connected devices. Many legacy EPR systems in use are synonymous with driving on roads and bridges that were designed and built decades ago or longer. We blame growth for congestion and poor driving experiences, when it should be blamed on poor planning and an outdated highway system. Can you really run you company and be competitive in the market on a system that out-lived its effectiveness?
Major Benefits of SAP S/4HANA
- Innovation: SAP S/4HANA maximizes emerging technologies such as AI, machine learning and predictive analytics.
- Ease of use: SAP S/4HANA is simple and responsive using more intuitive SAP terminology and processes.
- Productivity: SAP S/4HANA runs on SAP’s in memory HANA database and enables real-time planning, reporting and forecasting.
- Cost effectiveness: As SAP S/4HANA updates are released quarterly, large scale software upgrades are minimized thereby reducing infrastructure investment and IT operational costs. The effective use of Cloud infrastructure and hyper-scalers is available in multiple different options.
SAP S/4HANA Migration Options
- Greenfield approach: The Greenfield approach begins with a new implementation of SAP S/4HANA. Customers are enabled to complete re-engineering and process simplification by utilizing predefine industry best practices. This approach can reduce the Time-to-Value and total cost of ownership while facilitating quicker user adoption of the innovation available.
- Brownfield approach: The Brownfield approach consists of a conversion (software upgrade and data transformation) of the existing SAP ECC system into SAP S/4HANA. It enables migration to SAP S/4HANA without re-implementation and reduces disruption to existing business processes. At the same time, it enables reevaluation of customization to the system and legacy process flows.
- Hybrid Migration: A Hybrid migration involves analyzing the current SAP system and identifying the customized applications, functionality, and interfaces that are not part of the core. The results of the assessment will be used to determine what customization might remain and which will be eliminated to incorporate the new processes within SAP S/4HANA.
Migrate to S/4HANA with confidence
Selecting a trusted technology partner is the most important decision you need to make for a successful migration. With proven expertise in SAP technology, Microexcel offers agile and comprehensive delivery. These years of experience allows us to skills to develop and incorporate clear goals, global best practices and documented proven procedures.
As your change agent and trusted partner, Microexcel will work closely with your internal cross-functional team to provide you a thorough migration assessment. The assessment will give you a clear projection of time, effort and cost. Microexcel blends organizational change management into their projects. We use a plan for ensuring impacted employees receive the awareness, leadership, coaching, and training during the project. This approach mitigates risk and improve user adoption so clients will successfully achieve the transformational value of SAP S/4HANA.
Multiple successfully executed SAP S/4HANA projects gives us confidence to state that with Microexcel on your side, the success of your SAP S/4HANA migration project is assured. If you need help with charting your SAP S/4HANA migration path, Microexcel is only a click away.